5 Mostly Kid-Friendly Fun Summer Drinks found on Pinterest

The summer is a fantastic time to get fancy with fruits and frozen drinks. I love that today's (really yesterday's) summer break concept is "drinks". What better time of the year to soak up a daiquiri, enjoy a milkshake with the kids, or sip on lemonade out on the front porch! Here are a few other ideas I'd love to try:

 1. The Very, Very Red Drink (mocktail)


Made with a variety of fruit and a bit of club soda, I imagine this drink tastes as good as it looks.

2. Poptail ftw?


In case you have gotten bored with the typical lemonade in a glass, try thinking outside the glass … or at least think differently about what could be stuck in the glass! Lemonade + popsicle = Yum! Right? Or if a poptail isn't your style, you could check out Studio DIY and see if any of the other 5 ways of serving lemonade are your thing.



When I was little, I remember hearing Deanna Carter's song "Strawberry Wine" and always wondering how delicious that would be. While not exactly wine, this strawberry champagne punch recipe sounds like it might be the perfect drink for someone that isn't too into alcoholic beverages but very into summer and strawberries. (As an alternative, put a scoop of sorbet in with your champagne. It is delicious!)



One of my favorite drinks, I went on a search for "Italian sodas" in Italia with no luck. Is it even a thing in Italy? No matter. It's a thing here – a delicious thing. Club soda + syrup + half & half = yum! Or skip the half and half. You don't even need a fruity syrup; vanilla syrup makes it taste a bit like a milkshake! :) Add a bit of whipped cream or a piece of fruit on top with a straw, and you have an amazing desserty drink. Go forth and enjoy!



Once upon a time, my mom had a candle that was called "cherry limeade". End of story. Justin had to make it. That's the way things go in my relationship with him. I smell something delicious or hear about something delicious … or taste something delicious(!!) and he has to make it. I've never tried this particular recipe for cherry limeade, but I can tell you that cherry limeade is absolutely delicious if you get the right recipe. No pressure to make it though. ;)



I couldn't merely suggest a milkshake without actually recommending one. This one is pinned to my pinterest board as a try-it-later recipe. It looks good. I recommend that you also try-it-later and let me know how it tastes. It looks awfully delicious.

What are your favorite summer drinks? Are there any you think I should try? Have you tried any of the ones I mentioned?

** I'm participating in 
August Break! Join me! Share a link to your blog in the comments below, so I can see what you are up to!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...