Neutrogena Daily Scrub

I was hesitant to talk about this since it is slightly more personal than my usual posts, but I thought if it could help another person it might be worth it.

A year ago I had the best skin. I never really got a pimple and when I did it would disappear within a week or so. It was nothing to worry about, stress about, or even give two seconds worth of thought. I never really wore make-up unless I was going to an event since my face was clear. In fact I often got compliments on how great my skin looked.

In June of last year I got my first really bad pimple right before Justin and I did engagement pictures. Seeing as it was only one, I wasn't terribly worried about it. I covered it with makeup and went to the session with no problem. However that pimple stayed for much longer than one of my usual pimples. I waited one month... two... Being broke I resisted trying everything on the market. Since my mom and brother often had problems with pimples, I tried the products they were using. I even tried home solutions I found online to no avail. The pimple shrunk in size, but it was still a scar on my face. I thought, okay if that is the worst thing that happens to me prior to my wedding, it will all be okay.

I was going well... no pimples or anything until January (3 months before the wedding). I broke out again. I stayed calm. I figured I was back to my "normal" pimples and it would disappear on its own just like every pimple I had had before June. No such luck. One month went by and we were getting closer to the wedding... I asked my make-up artist what I could do and she provided me with a product to try. Nothing. Grr.

She was able to cover the pimple with make-up for the wedding so that my face looked clear. I really wish it had been.

While these two pimples left their scars, I thought, once again, I was in for the clear. Stress was done with. Wedding was over. Then it happened again in May. Being desperate, one of my friends recommended Neutrogena Deep Clean Shine Control Daily Scrub. It took about two weeks to work, and I was feeling particularly anxious about it working. My face is currently completely clear of acne and my acne scars are decreasing in noticeability! Yay! I finally feel like I'm getting my old face back again!

I was especially concerned when I saw that some users of this product noticed themselves breaking out more after a week or so of use. I was really concerned that I would damage my overall pretty great skin to the point of breaking out more often than if I had never used the product to begin with. Luckily I have noticed no such thing. Yay!

I would definitely recommend trying this product if you are having a problem with acne. It really has made a difference in how I feel about my face. I still notice the scars, but I worry less about future acne impacting my appearance. Maybe by this time next year my scars will be completely gone! Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...