Adorama Review

A month or so ago I was shopping at Kohls and saw the cutest magnets to go on a refrigerator. Knowing that Justin and I do not have many magnets for the fridge and these were so cost-friendly, I decided to buy two just to see if I liked them. The magnets were cute, but when I bought them, I had no idea how few places sold images in the 3.5x5 inch size. A google search led me straight to Adorama's page where I order four photos to go into our two magnets.

1. The cost was good. It was what I would expect to pay anywhere else for photos of that size.

2. Being able to order the size I wanted made me extremely happy. I did not want to include "special instructions" like WHCC required you to do. It was nice being able to pick the size image I wanted.


3. Comparing WHCC and Adorama, I noticed that WHCC uses brighter colors than Adorama in the final print. Does this matter? It depends on what you are going for. Do you want your pictures printed brighter?

4. The pictures shipped fast. Not as fast as WHCC, but they were at the house within a week of ordering them. They arrived much sooner than Adorama predicted they would. (The WHCC images arrived a day later than predicted.)

5. The pictures arrived in an 8x10 box with an 8x10 piece of cardboard and plastic protecting my tiny 3.5x5 images. This makes me think Adorama does well in making sure your images arrive looking good and not torn to pieces or bent due to the mail system.

6. While I was thrilled with the size, one image (of the four I ordered) had a white spot at the top where it looked like the image had not been aligned to the paper very well. Disappointing. It was not worth contacting Adorama to complain about for me. If I were providing these images to a client, it would definitely be worth complaining about.

Overall thoughts: If you want a fun size, Adorama is definitely worth considering. I ordered matte lustre since I think it creates a beautiful print (although I wouldn't think twice about ordering a metallic print! How fun!). The size that I ordered (3.5x5) was really fun and unique. It feels almost like a trading card. I would definitely have fun doing an album of these for someone special in my life. It seems more exciting since it is a different cut than what you would normally receive (4x6, 5x7, 8x10). The ordering was easy. I would definitely recommend using them over traditional drugstore prints; you really don't know the difference until you see the beautiful paper and how nice on the eyes it is. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...