Music

This week I have been working on the music for the wedding (among other things). After talking with the reception site, Justin and I decided to have music put on cds to play during the reception. We are going with a mostly jazz soundtrack with the occasional pop song (or rock song) for the kids and adults that would enjoy that.

Here I have a list of singers/musicians that I have been thinking about using. Feel free to suggest other artists, songs, or your thoughts on music during receptions. Since I am not a DJ, any information provided to me will be helpful and considered during the music selection "phase" of the "getting married process". :)

Jazz
Benny Goodman
Billie Holiday
Bobby Darin
Charlie Parker
Cole Porter
Dave Bruebeck
Dooley Wilson (sang the original "As Time Goes By")
Doris Day
Duke Ellington
Etta James
Ella Fitzgerald
Fats Waller
Frank Sinatra
Fred Astaire
Gene Kelly
Glenn Miller Band
Harry Connick, Jr.
Henri Mancini
Louis Armstrong
Michael Bublé
Miles Davis
Nat King Cole
Ray Charles
Thelonious Monk

Pop Suggestions:
Taio Cruz - Dynamite

What do you think would be awesome to play at a reception? And GO! (Help!?!)

2 comments:

  1. you have a great jazz list there!
    hmmm good ones:
    Black Eyed Peas-I had the time of my life
    Bruno Mars: Marry You
    Shout!
    Pink: Raise your Glass
    Journey: Livin' on a Prayer
    Those stick out to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think "Livin' On a Prayer" is by Bon Jovi! :) Thank you for your suggestions. They are fantastic! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...